Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I love Wal*Mart... and Jake Gyllenhaal

True story... I love Walmart.  It's where I met Tyler (aka Jake Gyllenhall - don't tell me you don't see it! lol.)  My friend Gabe and I were standing in the check out lane close to midnight and complaining about the world's SLOWEST checker - anyway - turns out it was a huge gift because it gave me a chance to chat with the random stranger in line behind me. (Yes, I am notorious for striking up meaningful conversations with many strangers.)  Point is, this is where we realized we were both Full Sailers who were into country music.  Tyler was scheduled to leave Orlando the next day and move to Nashville where he has landed an internship with Dark Horse studios.  We exchanged Facebook info and said we'd keep in touch.  Less than a week later I wrote to him asking if he made it safely to Nashville.  As luck would have it, he had the chance to audit a class @ Full Sail and would in fact be staying in Florida for the remainder of June.  We ended up getting together less than a week after we had met - and have been working together almost every single day since then!  He is an incredibly gifted producer, musician and great friend.  We have spent countless hours, laughed out loud, named all of our instruments, taken photos, eaten FAR too many Starbursts, produced music, shot 'YouTubesday' videos, performed @ Open Mic nights and in downtown Orlando AND written and composed original music.  I will miss Tyler terribly but will be traveling to Nashville soon to keep everything going.  I am so very grateful for the opportunity to work with him before he leaves tomorrow.  God is so good - He is definitely blessing my life with the members of 'the.JCrew' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment